January 7, 2006

How widely censored is iSteve.com?

A reader writes:

James J Hill [the "Empire Builder" whose statue so offends the young diversicrat below] was an immigrant himself, born in Montreal, and lived in St Paul, MN. He built the city's downtown library in 1913. It sits on handsome Rice Park. I go in there quite often, and sometimes try to pull up iSteve.com on one of their terminals. It almost never appears. You get a generic "this page cannot be displayed". The library claims they use no filtering software, but it sure is strange. How sad, because it's the best room in the city in which to study.

Who else finds www.iSteve.com to be censored? (Of course, this presumes you read me at more than one location, at least one uncensored.)


Blocking iSteve.com: Readers write:

Two or three times I've gotten bored waiting in airports and decided to see what good ol' Steve was writing about, only to get "cannot be displayed" or some sort of filter message on the airport computer. Same with VDARE.

*

5 years ago, when I lived in your neck of the woods on the West Coast and worked for Glendale Water and Power, isteve was blocked by their software. Funny thing is, yours was the _only_ political site I ever found blocked. Now that I work on the East Coast I for a Fortune 500, very p.c. private company I only check from home...just in case.



My published articles are archived at iSteve.com -- Steve Sailer

No comments: